July 21, 2024
Join your friends, community members or coworkers and start your own CHOC Walk team!
Each year, over 400 Grateful Family, Corporate, Community and Affiliate Teams join forces to walk through the Disneyland® Resort for kids in our community. These teams, made up of six or more walkers, account for over 75% of the millions of dollars raised each year for CHOC Children's. We couldn't do it without dedicated Team Captains like you!
Grateful Family Teams
Teams with a direct connection to a patient that was treated at CHOC bring together their family and friends to walk for their CHOC hero.
Employees join forces within their organization to promote a culture of giving and provide an opportunity for employee engagement.
Local clubs and organizations join together as a way to give back to their community.
CHOC Affiliate Teams
Hospital associates and outside volunteer groups walk to honor their commitment to CHOC and the departments they support.
Local high schools and universities create clubs on campus to promote community outreach and philanthropy as an extra-curricular activity.
Team Captain Toolkit
Download our training packet with tips and tricks on how to manage a team from some of the pros.
Print out one of our team fundraising posters to keep track of your progress and motivate your community to help you reach your goal.
Team Email Templates
Utilize some of our sample email templates to reach out to new teammates, donors and sponsors to support your CHOC Walk team.
Creating A Team
- Participants have the option to register as an individual or create a team, similar to previous CHOC Walk events.
- Creating a team allows participants to join forces with friends, family or coworkers to fundraise together and coordinate team plans on event day.
- Teams have the ability to work together to plan team fundraisers or events and use the collective funds to allocate across the team.
- Each team member must still have the amount needed for each event package; being on a team does not constitute a different price or guarantee entry into the event.
- Teams are also encouraged to plan safe event-day festivities for their members to add to the team energy, for example:
- Create team shirts or themed attire for event photo locations (please refer to the Disneyland® Resort Park Rules for attire policies).
- Plan a meeting time for one of the event activations around the Park, such as the DJ or World of Color show.
- *Teams that will not attend the private party inside the Park are still encouraged to safely celebrate in their own communities in any way they choose!