August 20, 2023
CHOC Walk in the Park presented by Disneyland® Resort brings the community together for one single goal - to raise funds for programs, education and research for Southern California's kids. With your favorite Disney characters cheering you on, celebrating children has never been so fun!
This year, we are back to walking for kids on Sunday, August 20, 2023, at the Disneyland® Resort. Please note: this is a rain or shine event.
4:00 a.m. | Mickey & Friends & Toy Story Parking lots and trams open for CHOC guests
5:00 a.m. | CHOC wristband replacement table opens in Esplanade
*Note: participants will not be able to check in and pick up swag items, ONLY wristbands
5:45 a.m. | CHOC Walk Opening Moment begins on Main Street U.S.A.®
6:00 a.m. | CHOC Walk steps off on Main Street U.S.A.®
7:00 a.m. | Last walker permitted entry into Disneyland® Park
8:00 a.m. | Last walker permitted entry into Disney California Adventure® Park
9:00 a.m. | CHOC Walk in the Park concludes, both parks open to the public
Don't miss your chance to take a photo with Choco Bear after the finish line
- located across from the World of Disney® store in the Downtown Disney District®!
Event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.
Complimentary parking is available to all CHOC Walk participants at both the Mickey & Friends Parking structure and Toy Story parking lots with shuttle/tram service available to the Main Entrance.
Parking lots will open at 4:00 a.m.
A pedestrian bridge is also available on the second level of the Pixar Pals parking structure (that is accessible via the Mickey & Friends parking structure), if you prefer to walk through the Downtown Disney District® to the Main Entrance.
In order to receive free event parking, please show your event wristband or pre-arrival confirmation email at the toll plaza. Pre-arrival confirmation email will be sent on August 17 to the address that you used to register for the CHOC Walk in the Park.
Downtown Disney District®
Special discounts in the Downtown Disney District® are also available to all CHOC Walk participants, who present a valid CHOC Walk wristband, including:
- California Sole – 10% off purchase
- *Discount does not apply to sale items and cannot be combined with any other discount
- California Churro - 10% off purchase
- Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs - 10% off purchase
- Kayla’s Cake – 10% off purchase
- Jazz Kitchen Coastal Grill & Patio – 10% discount on all food items available for dine in. excluding alcohol, tax & gratuity. $50.00 max discount allowed Valid till 4:00 p.m. on 8/20 only.
- Beignets Expressed – 10% off purchase. Excluding tax. One discount per order. $40.00 max discount allowed.
- Wetzel’s Pretzels - 20% off purchase
- Jamba® - Free kid’s smoothie with any smoothie or bowl purchase. Offer is only valid at Downtown Disney location and cannot be combined with other offers.
- Pelé Soccer - 10% off for walkers. Discount does not apply to sale items and cannot be combined with any other discount.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes™ - Breakfast Buffet: 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
- Join us for an exclusive breakfast buffet special for our CHOC Walk participants with $5 from every meal being donated back to CHOC!
- Adults: $35 /person | Children (Age 10 & Under): $17.50/child
- Reserve your spot to enjoy a yummy breakfast immediately following the conclusion of the CHOC Walk on August 20.
- To book a reservation, click here.
Early Opening Locations
Wetzel’s Pretzels - 7:00 a.m.
Beignets Expressed - 7:00 a.m.
Earl of Sandwich® - 7:00 a.m.
Tortilla Jo’s (Breakfast) – 7:00 a.m.
Marceline’s Confectionary – 7:30 a.m.
Disney Dress Shop – 7:30 a.m.
Disney Home – 7:30 a.m.
WonderGround Gallery – 7:30 a.m.
Disney Pin Traders – 7:30 a.m.
Splitsville Luxury Lanes™ - 8:00 a.m.
California Sole - 8:00 a.m.
Pelé Soccer – 9:00 a.m.
Experiencing the Resort After the Event
Admission to the Disneyland® Resort after the walk concludes is not included with your
CHOC Walk event wristband.
To experience the Disneyland® Resort theme parks after the event ends, you will need to purchase a separate park admission ticket and make a theme park reservation in advance, if available - reservations could book up weeks or months in advance, so plan accordingly.
To purchase a ticket to the Disneyland® Resort and make a theme park reservation - click here.
*Note: specially priced tickets will NOT be available with your CHOC Walk wristband on the day of the event.
Meet your family, friends and teammates at the Disneyland® Resort early in the morning - before the parks open to the public - to get your spot for the opening ceremony.
Once the sun rises, reunite with your CHOC Walk community down Main Street U.S.A.®, finding special entertainment and surprises in both parks along the way!
One of the most important parts of CHOC Walk: come dressed in your best CHOC swag, team shirts and spirit - and don't forget banners and posters that display your CHOC story.
- All event participants ages 3 and older will need to register and reach the fundraising minimum in order to attend the event.
- Early bird fundraising minimum: $125 per person if you register by May 31, 2023
- General fundraising minimum: $150 per person if you register June 1, 2023 or later
- Little guests ages 2 and younger - FREE
- This total may be reached through personal payments, donations from others or a combination of both.
- Nonrefundable registration fee: $15
- Will be charged during registration in order to reserve your spot.
- This $15 will go toward your fundraising minimum for the event.
- Deadline to reach your fundraising minimum: August 18 - 19 (event check-in)
- Participants that don't reach their minimum before check-in can bring funds to check-in or pay the remaining balance at check-in in order to pick up their event wristband.
- *NOTE: You will need to check in prior to the event day in order to get your event wristband - there will be NO check-in available on event day. More details here.
- *Signs, banners and balloons cannot be brought back into the parks if you decide to re-enter the Resort after the event.
- Personal wheelchairs/scooters
- Double wide strollers
- Costumes that cover your face
- Selfie sticks
- Glass containers
- For a full list of Disneyland® Resort rules and regulations, click here.
- For the most updated information on health and safety guidelines at the Disneyland® Resort, click here.