Creating a Facebook Fundraiser is one of the easiest ways to raise additional funds for the Walk and quickly surpass your fundraising minimum! Reach out to your virtual community and spread the word using pre-crafted messages or schedule messages to automatically update your friends on your behalf. The best part is your Facebook donations will directly connect to your CHOC Walk fundraising totals through your dashboard. It only takes a few simple steps and your page will be ready to go!
To create your own Facebook Fundraiser, follow our step by step guide here.
- You MUST log in to your CHOC Walk Fundraising Dashboard FIRST. Do not go directly to Facebook.com to create your fundraiser as your donations will NOT be linked to your CHOC Walk account.
- IF you have already created a fundraiser directly through Facebook:
- These funds will NOT automatically be applied to your fundraising totals
- We will add the total amount raised to your CHOC Walk account once your fundraiser has ended and the funds arrive in our Foundation office (this could take up to a month).
- Fundraisers created through must be ended by Monday, July 29, 2019 in order to count toward your $85 fundraising minimum
- All fundraisers that are ended by July 29 will be added to participants CHOC Walk pages by August 2
- If you do NOT end your fundraiser by July 29, it will not show up in your CHOC Walk account and you will need to be sure there are other funds available to cover your $85 minimum
- To end your Facebook Fundraiser
- Open your fundraiser --> Click the "More" button under the header image --> Click "End Fundraiser"
- For all other open Facebook Fundraiser created directly through Facebook - funds will be added into participants CHOC Walk account once the fundraiser has ended and the money has been received
- This will count towards fundraising incentives as long as they are received by September 12, 2019